By accessing the web site at https://ysar.org.nz, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on YSAR’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on YSAR’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by YSAR at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on YSAR’s web site are provided “as is”. YSAR makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, YSAR does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall YSAR or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on YSAR’s Internet site, even if YSAR or a YSAR authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on YSAR’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. YSAR does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. YSAR may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. YSAR does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
YSAR has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by YSAR of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to YSAR’s web site shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- GO109 – YSAR Data Retention Policy
Please read this Statement carefully to understand how we protect your privacy.
Personal Information Collection and Use
YSAR may collect personal information directly or indirectly from you, such as your name, contact details, and other information provided in applications, enquiries, or event registrations. We collect this information to provide you with products or services, personalize your experience, respond to your queries, administer website services, and improve our offerings. We may also use your information for internal record keeping, compliance with laws and regulations, and for specific purposes that we notify you of at the time of collection.
Photographs and Videos Consent
YSAR recognizes the value of photographs and videos showcasing students participating in YSAR activities for marketing and advertising purposes. During the application and interview process, parents and students are required to sign a consent form granting permission for YSAR to use photographs and videos that may include their image in marketing and advertising materials. We respect the privacy of our students and their families and ensure that the use of such media is conducted in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Online Advertising, Re-Marketing, and Third-Party Tracking
Data Retention Policy
YSAR has implemented a data retention policy to protect individual privacy. This policy details our data collection and destruction practices. We prioritize minimizing the retention of personal information to ensure the security and confidentiality of individuals. Any personal information collected is securely stored and retained only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law.
Data Security Measures
YSAR is committed to the responsible handling of personal information and takes appropriate measures to ensure its confidentiality, integrity, and security. We implement technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
Links to Other Sites and Third-Party Providers
Our platforms and website may contain links to third-party websites, and we may use third-party providers for various services. These websites and providers are not controlled by YSAR, and we do not endorse or approve their privacy practices. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any linked websites you visit, as we are not responsible for the personal information collected through these third-party sites.
Links to Social Networking Platforms
YSAR uses social networking services for communication and fundraising purposes. When you engage with us through these services, the respective social networking platforms may collect your personal information for their own purposes. Please note that these platforms have their own privacy policies independent of YSAR, and they do not have access to the personal information we hold on our systems.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained. By using or accessing the YSAR.org.nz website and/or any of our services, you are deemed to have agreed to be bound by this Privacy Statement. YSAR may change its policies from time to time, and at YSAR’s sole discretion. If you have any questions or require further information about our privacy practices, please contact us using the provided contact details.