Student applications are now open for our 2023 Cohort
Youth Search and Rescue (YSAR) exists to empower the next generation of community-minded volunteers, and to do this we’re enabling adventure through our leading-edge Search and Rescue and Emergency Management program. Through cross-sector partnerships, we are strengthening our future workforce by supporting youth development, diversity, and inclusion. The future is in great hands through YSAR as a feeder organization in the SAR and EM sectors.
We are excited to be opening applications for next year. We have 4 new branches for 2023, in addition to Tauranga and Auckland branches.
Do you have the right stuff?
So if you are or you know of students 14 years of age on February 1st, 2023, who are interested in the following, you will fit in well;
- NZ outdoors – appreciating what we have in our backyard
- community engagement – giving something back
- emergency response sector – rescuing, caring and supporting others
- environmental sustainability – planet awareness and environmental remediation
- innovative and disruptive technology – finding better ways of doing stuff
If this is you – you are who we are looking for.
Branches available in 2023
- Thames Coromandel
- Waikato Central
- Wakatipu/Central Otago (inquiry)
- A deep dive familiarisation with the YSAR program on our website
- Conversation between student and parent about the 3-year commitment
- Fill in the application form online
- Interviews are in October when students and parents will meet with YSAR volunteers.
- Notification of selection of the new Cohort in October
- In November you will start familiarisation training “Introduction to YSAR”
- YSAR programme begins the second Wednesday in February