Covid-19 update 17th March 2020
YSAR Management continues to monitor Health Department Guidelines as they are released. The health and wellbeing of instructors, students, volunteers and families is of paramount concern to us. At this stage, we remain committed to running our classes and weekend training exercises as organized, but until further notified, all tutors must ensure:
- They give a briefing regarding Covid-19 to students on commencement of the class:
- reminding students not to attend if they are feeling unwell
- reminding students not to attend if they have been to any country except the countries listed as Category 2 in the in the past 14 days
- Push any enquiry to the national Covid – 19 website
- covering coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing, or coughing/sneezing into your elbow
- disposing of used tissues appropriately in a bin
- washing hands with soap and water and drying them thoroughly or using hand sanitiser:
- before eating or handling food
- after using the toilet
- after coughing, sneezing, blowing your nose or wiping children’s noses
- after caring for sick people.
If anyone is suspected of being unwell, they should be encouraged to go home, and review course material through CANVAS. Notification must also be sent as soon as possible to your tutor and email [email protected]
We will update as needed. Please contact me if you have any questions. Take care and look after yourself and others around you.